It’s all about caring for our planet …
Our mission is to keep as much as possible out of our landfills by accepting:
(a) good quality household items that are clean, safe, hygienic and readily saleable
(b) any other items we have the facility to recycle.
If it’s something we can sell then passing it on to Trash Palace will ensure it “goes around one more time”,
preventing the purchase of a similar product new from somewhere else (and thus saving all the resources involved in creating, shipping and marketing that new item).
If it’s something we can recycle then passing it on to Trash Palace helps reduce global production of the raw materials recovered.
And it’s all about supporting our community …
While fulfilling our mission above we also strive to support the local community in any way we can, including current and past support for …
The local Green Bikes Trust
The local Free For All store
Victoria University of Wellington’s “Single Use Cup Free” campaign
Arohata Prison’s reading programme
The Women’s Refuge
Lilly Bean reusable bags
Local childcare centres, and primary, intermediate and secondary schools
Sports teams, cultural groups, churches and scout troops
Various other community projects
If you believe there is a way we can support your local community based organisation please don’t hesitate to call us to discuss further how we can help.
Shopping – We make it easy …
You can shop with us every day of the year except Christmas Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and also ANZAC day before 1pm. We are open 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Saturday and 9:00am-5:00pm on Sundays and Public Holidays.
We stock a wide range of quality, affordable second-hand goods for the whole family, including:
- Art, craft, books, CDs, DVDs, Vinyl
- Toys, Bikes, Sports and Exercise Equipment
- Electronics, Appliance Parts
- Working PC’s and Laptops
- Clothing and Footwear
- Hardware, Tools, Gardening
- Bathroom and Laundry materials
- Pallets (free of charge, while stocks last)
Donating – We make it easy …
You can drop off suitable goods to us every single day of the year except Christmas Day. We are open 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Saturday and 9:00am-5:00pm on Sundays and Public Holidays.
We can offer a free pick up for most items. Please supply pictures of what it is you want to donate: To request a collection click here.
- good quality household items that are clean, safe, hygienic and readily saleable by us
- clothes that are not soiled, damaged
- any other items we have the facility to recycle
Specific items you may be interested to know we accept free of charge include:
- electrical equipment in any condition (except as noted below)
- computer equipment in any condition (except as noted below)
- scrap metal
- car batteries.
We cannot accept:
- items that do not meet the above criteria
- items that do not meet Health & Safety and Hygiene Regulations
- items we do not have the capacity to store safely (chemicals)
- Gas bottles, paint, chemicals, medicines, food and alcohol of any kind
- Water safety equipment, helmets and medical equipment of any kind
- Fire safety equipment, firearms, weapons, ammunition, fireworks
- Petrol or car oil
- Plants, agricultural chemicals, veterinary medicines
- Baby gear, including cots, car seats, high chairs, prams, strollers and infant clothing
- Children’s “sleepwear” without Fire Hazard Labels introduced in mid-2018
- Carpets, mats, curtains, blinds, fabric, linen (including bedding)
- Electric blankets (except the cord)
- Encyclopedias, weekly magazines, suitcases
- TV Cabinets, gazebos
- Wood/timber, pallets, windows (unless aluminum and double-glazed)
Please see below for items that carry a disposal / handling charge:
- TV’s: $32.00
- Fridges and Freezers: $30.00 each
- Stoves and Dishwashers: $10.00
- Dehumidifiers: $5.00
- Monitors: $15.00 each
- Printers: $5.00 (ink must be removed)*
Trash Palace staff on-site have the final say on goods acceptance – remember we pay the same landfill charges as you if unsuitable items are left with us.