TRASH PALACE REMAINS OPEN UNDER STRICT
ORANGE TRAFFIC LIGHT PROTOCOLS
FACE COVERINGS ARE MANDATORY (UNLESS EXEMPT)
AND CAPACITY LIMITS APPLY BASED ON
ONE METRE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
VACCINE PASSES ARE NOT REQUIRED.
It’s all about caring for our planet …
Our mission is to keep as much as possible out of our landfills by accepting:
(a) good quality household items that are clean, safe, hygienic and readily saleable
(b) any other items we have the facility to recycle.
If it’s something we can sell then passing it on to Trash Palace will ensure it “goes around one more time”, preventing the purchase of a similar product new from somewhere else (and thus saving all the resources involved in creating, shipping and marketing that new item).
If it’s something we can recycle then passing it on to Trash Palace helps reduce global production of the raw materials recovered.
Shopping – We make it easy …
You can shop with us every day of the year except Christmas Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and also ANZAC day before 1pm. We are open 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Saturday and 9:00am-5:00pm on Sundays and Public Holidays.
We stock a wide range of quality, affordable second-hand goods for the whole family, including:
- Art, craft, books, CDs, DVDs, Vinyl
- Toys, Bikes, Sports and Exercise Equipment
- Electronics, Appliance Parts
- Clothing and Footwear
- Hardware, Tools, Gardening
Directly across the road from Trash Palace, in our recently opened Building Recycling Centre, we also stock a wide range of building materials including:
- Bathroom and Laundry materials
- Pallets (free of charge, while stocks last)
You can also shop with us online 24/7 at our TradeMe Store
Donating – We make it easy …
You can drop off suitable goods to us every single day of the year except Christmas Day. We are open 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Saturday and 9:00am-5:00pm on Sundays and Public Holidays.
We are also currently trialing a limited, free collection service for larger items such as furniture, appliances and estate lots. To request a collection click here.
- good quality household items that are clean, safe, hygienic and readily saleable by us
- any other items we have the facility to recycle.
Specific items you may be interested to know we accept free of charge include:
- washing machines, dryers, ovens and dishwashers if clean and hygienic
- electrical equipment in any condition (except as noted below)
- computer equipment in any condition (except as noted below)
- scrap metal
- car batteries.
We cannot accept:
- items that do not meet the above criteria
- items that do not meet Health & Safety and Hygiene Regulations
- items we do not have the capacity to store safely.
Specific items we cannot currently accept for the above reasons include:
- Gas bottles, paint, chemicals, medicines, food and alcohol of any kind
- Water safety equipment, helmets and medical equipment of any kind
- Fire safety equipment, firearms, weapons, ammunition, fireworks
- Plants, agricultural chemicals, veterinary medicines
- Baby gear, including cots, car seats, high chairs, strollers and clothing
- Baby and toddler toys, stuffed toys, incomplete toys of any kind
- Carpets, mats, curtains, blinds, fabric, linen (including bedding)
- Printers, scanners, photocopiers, electric blankets
- Encyclopedias, weekly magazines, suitcases
- TV Cabinets, beds and mattresses, tents, gazebos, BBQs
- Bricks, wood/timber, pallets, windows (unless aluminum and double-glazed)
All items accepted by us are accepted free of charge except where cost recovery is required. This currently only applies to the following items:
* Fridges and Freezers: $20.00 each
* Flat Screen TVs and Monitors: $10.00 each
* CRT TVs and Monitors: $25.00 each
Trash Palace staff on-site have the final say on goods acceptance – remember we pay the same landfill charges as you if unsuitable items are left with us.